I suggest you ...

Prevent random Visual Studio crashes for TimeTrackerService

My Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 often crashes because of exceptions in TimeTrackingService

Codealike.Client.Factories.Metrics.TimeTrackerService+<>c__DisplayClass9.<OnTextBufferModified>b__7(System.Object, System.EventArgs)

Sometime only once a day but today it crashed al least 5 times.

You should add exception handling, log the exception to the eventlog and add an info to the visual studio status bar. This is way better than letting visual studion just crash.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SchlaWiener shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel Keogh commented  · 

When this issue started is irrelevant.
        You have no exception handling and any errors Visual Studio entirely. :(

• Daniel Keogh commented  · 

PLZ FIX I NEED ET. EVERY TIME I OPEN THE DEBBUGGER IT CRASHES I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
        at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
        at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
        at Codealike.Client.Factories.Metrics.TimeTrackerService.<>c__DisplayClass9.<OnTextBufferModified>b__7(Object s, EventArgs event)

• bret.ehlert commented  · 

I am getting the same, just stared happening to me today, I did not have any problems the first couple of weeks.

• SchlaWiener commented  · 

Here is the full stacktrace

Application: devenv.exe
        Framework Version: v4.0.30319
        Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
        Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
        at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(System.ExceptionResource)
        at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+ValueCollection+Enumerator[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext()
        at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereEnumerableIterator`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext()
        at Codealike.Client.Factories.Metrics.TimeTrackerService+<>c__DisplayClass9.<OnTextBufferModified>b__7(System.Object, System.EventArgs)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
        at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
        at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])
        at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[])
        at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
        at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
        at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
        at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
        at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
        at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
        at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
        at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
        at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
        at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
        at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
        at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
        at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
        at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
        at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
        at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
        at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

Feedback and Knowledge Base